Is it sweet? Is it savory? Is it breakfast? I don't know. All I know is that this delicious grilled cheese is gooey and flavorful.
Personally, I love cinnamon. The aroma is PROVEN to lift one’s spirits. Well cheese naturally makes me happy, and with cinnamon? Ah, heaven in a bite. I love the way the cheese oozes out of a grilled cheese and it just melts as your eating it. This may not be your conventional all-American grilled cheese, but if your adventurous and looking for new flavors, you have got to give it a try.
· 12 ounces of quality brie (choose one with a mild and buttery flavor)
· 4-6 thin slices of a Granny Smith apple
· 2 slices of oatmeal bread
· 1 tablespoon of butter
· 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
· 2 teaspoons of clover honey (or any type of non-flowery honey)
1. Build the sandwich with the brie, apple, and bread
2. Place in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the bottom is golden and the cheese begins to melt. Carefully turn the sandwich and cook until golden and the cheese has melted completely
3. Plate the sandwich, and while it is still hot sprinkle the cinnamon on the sandwich and drizzle the honey over it