Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekly Lunch Recipe

by
Foodie Fish

Don’t you feel it? Spring is coming!!! I can already see the sun shining brighter, the temperature getting warmer, and the skies becoming clearer. I was in the mood for something fresh tasting and using delicious fresh spring ingredients. It was also my time for something other than a sandwich:


Insalata Caprese Platter

• Italian plum tomatoes
• Fresh Mozzarella

• Basil off the vine

• Extra-virgin olive oil

• Aged balsamic vinegar
• Black pepper
• Kosher salt

• Minced garlic

• Whole wheat minne toasts on the side

• Tuscan or Sicilian spice blends work well with this recipe



While I’m at it, I might as well mention some of my favorite places to get some of the finest ingredients. D’Angelo’s Italian market/eatery has the best Italian cheeses. The ricotta that they use in their cannolis and pastas make their foods delicious. In my lunch, I used their amazing artisan fresh mozzarella. To get the best taste from any recipe, it takes incredible ingredients. So would suggest getting handmade mozzarella.

When it comes to olive oil, there are also different flavors you could try. Carter & Cavero Old World Olive Oil Company has an amazing and broad selection of both olive oils and vinegars. They treat olive oil as an art, with olive oil tastings and all sorts of flavors. They have a broad range of specialty infused olive oils including basil, garlic, white truffle, and even blood orange. A citrus oil would not completely match this recipe, but feel free to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment