Sunday, June 5, 2011

Easy Turkey Bolognese

by
Foodie Fish

So I went to our local Pennsylvania Dutch Market Saturday and got fresh ground turkey meat. After we got home, we realized that night I had a birthday party to go to (with 16 courses, yum!) Then I wondered what to do with the ground turkey so that I could cook it, not have to freeze it, or eat it that night. Then I thought Bolognese sauce.

There is an Italian market in our area named D’Angelo’s with the best fresh pasta around. Then I stopped by this super healthy grocery store called Whole Earth Center to get some organic ingredients. I wanted something nice and easy, so I stuck with the basics.

INGREDIENTS

• Ground turkey
• 1 can of organic roasted canned tomatoes (not strained)
• 1 can of organic tomato paste
• ¾ of a minced onion
• ½ a clove of minced garlic
• Rosemary
• Oregano

Put all the ingredients in a slow cooking pot and mix. Place the pot on the stove on high to bring it to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, put the fire on low and let it simmer for about half an hour.

Serve with your favorite pasta such as bowtie, penne, or spaghetti. You can even layer it with lasagna sheets with ricotta and parmesan cheese in between! Just bake the lasagna in the oven at a pre-heated 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes covered with aluminum foil, then another 25 without the foil.

I love the aroma that comes out of that pot when cooking! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment