Thursday, June 23, 2011

My New Obsession: White and Brown

I don't know why, but lately the combination of thick white fabric with brown leather accessories has become something of an obsession of mine. I believe it began with Ralph Lauren, which recently featured a handful of brown and white accessories.

Summer is officially here, and with that comes white. While white with colors is always fun, I find that the addition of a brown leather belt gives it a little something extra- a touch of earthiness to bring the look more down to earth and keep it from looking too Wilhelmina Slater...

I actually came across this look yesterday at J.Crew. Normally, I find J.Crew's looks a little too weekend casual for my taste, but the clean-cut nature of the dress coupled with the casual belt somehow hit the right balance between elite and chill.

~mode mare

No comments:

Post a Comment