Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekly Lunch Recipe

by
Foodie Fish

Who doesn’t love a good pita pocket? I admit that I’m not a big fan of pita myself. I have always had a tendency to like foods too often associated with health nuts or dieters such as frozen yogurt (as an ice cream purist myself). But these pita pockets are loaded with beans, lettuce, and feta cheese. Those are just a few of my favorite ingredients.


Minted Veggie and Feta Pita Pockets:

· Sliced pita bread (to make the pocket)

· Romaine lettuce

· Feta cheese

· Red bell pepper

· Canned organic garbanzo beans

· Scallion

· Fresh mint

· Roasted ground cumin

· Cayenne pepper


Line the pita pocket with torn pieces of romaine. Mash garbanzo beans, then combine it with minced red bell pepper, chopped scallion, and chopped fresh mint. Season with cumin and cayenne to taste. Crumble the feta cheese, then add it to the mixture. Stuff all of that into your pita pocket and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment