Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stripes! And a double buckled belt

<- Remember this? It's the overpriced but highly discounted Burberry trench I got at a Hong Kong outlet. Well, what I didn't tell you then was that it actually came with a separate belt- a white patent leather one with two buckles that meet at the center. There was one problem though: it didn't match the coat, which is counter-intuitive since they came together and are the same colors. However, the belt was a slightly off-white shade that when worn with the trench made it seem out of place. Also, it was too big. Instead of sitting neatly at the waist, it kind of dropped down toward my hips. And because of the double buckle design, I couldn't make it smaller.

So I recycled it. If you've been paying attention to the fashion magazines recently, you'll know that horizontal stripes are having a bit of a moment this spring. So I jumped on board with this skirt from Zara. And it conveniently was just right for my belt!



I'll be honest- I wasn't entirely on board with the whole double-buckle idea at first. I thought it looked kind of alien. But it's definitely grown on me as a nice way to spice up the good ole buckle.

~mode mare

No comments:

Post a Comment