Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's For Breakfast?

by
Foodie Fish
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don’t judge me or start making funny faces, breakfast just happens to be my favorite meal. Unfortunately, who has any time in the mornings? What I really want is a flavor-packed big all American breakfast. I don’t really have time to make myself grits or anything, so I settle for oatmeal or whatever else that I can find in the refrigerator.

That is all about to change. Today while out grocery shopping at our local supermarket (one of my favorite activities), there were samples of these great turkey sausages. These sausages are Aidell’s and are made without hormones or chemicals. I tasted a bunch of turkey sausages, and they were succulent and chewy just like a sausage ought to be. My favorite was the Portobello mushroom sausage. The one with tomato mozzarella was great as well. That is when it hit me that I can have these delectable sausages for breakfast! So here is the perfect morning platter:

1. Aidell’s turkey sausages
2. Eggs the way you like them
3. Toasted English muffins

Perfection on a plate. If you want to add fruit to your morning, just have it with orange juice or finish off your meal with a banana. For vegetables, you could take the time to incorporate some veggies into an omelet instead of eggs.

1 comment: