Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shorts and Tights!


I used to think that wearing shorts over tights was for hippie chicks and punks. In fact, the idea was so foreign to me that I used the outfit idea as a Halloween costume (I was going as a gossip girl- the ladies on that show tend to go a little more trendy than I'm used to). However, recently I found myself drawn to a pair of gray wool shorts, and after buying them on impulse, I found that they can actually look quite preppy sometimes, and generally more put-together than alt-culture. In fact, I wore this outfit to the office today. What do you think?

I know they look kind of black in this picture... unlike a lot of fashion-conscious bloggers I don't have a fancy camera or even someone to take these photos for me- my webcam is all I've got!

But anyways, I find that wearing shorts over tights has its advantages. First of all, it's a nice way to shake things up a bit without going too nuts. Also, you can achieve a leggy miniskirt effect without having to deal with that damn skirt riding up whenever you sit or rotating whenever you walk...

~mode mare

No comments:

Post a Comment